Professors Louis Bouchard and Paula Diaconescu receive 2022 Undergraduate Research Week Faculty Mentor Awards. These awards honor the considerable dedication of faculty mentors who have served as effective research mentors to undergraduate students.
As part of the UCLA Undergraduate Research Week, which was held on May 23-27, 2022, undergraduate student researchers who presented their work during the Undergraduate Research Showcase were invited to nominate their mentor for a Faculty Mentor award to recognize the meaningful role their mentor has played in their undergraduate experience, research or career exploration, and the support they have received from their mentor for their professional goals.
From the nominated faculty members, the Research Week campus committee chose the following winners who were honored at the Undergraduate Research Week Awards Ceremony:
Recipients of the 2022 Faculty Mentor Awards:
- Amada Armenta, Urban Planning
- Evelyn Blumenberg, Urban Planning
- Louis-Serge Bouchard, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Peter Bradley, Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics
- Catherine Cahill , Psychiatry
- David Clewett, Psychology
- Paula Diaconescu, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Yogita Goyal, English
- Akishige Hokugo, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Karen Hunter Quartz, Education and Information Studies
- Colin Kremer, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Albert Lai, NeurologyAmanda Montoya, Psychology
- Suzanne Paulson, Atmospheric and Ocean Sciences
- Maureen Su, Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics
- Carlota Suhr, Spanish and Portuguese
- Xian-Jie Yang, Ophthalmology
Previous Chemistry & Biochemistry faculty to receive Undergraduate Research Week Faculty Mentor awards are Professors Anastassia Alexandrova and Margot Quinlan in 2018, and Professors William Gelbart and Alex Spokoyny in 2020.
Penny Jennings, UCLA Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, firstname.lastname@example.org.