After decades of heavy use, UCLA’s Court of Sciences lecture halls, otherwise known as CS76, CS50 and CS24, are now undergoing major renovations.
As part of the renovation, which is to be completed by the end of the summer, workers will refurbish existing seating, build additional seats, add new audiovisual screens, whiteboards and lecture podiums, and install energy-efficient lighting systems.
Also being renovated are Young Hall 1044, 2200, 4216; Slichter Hall 2834; Geology 3656, 4645 and 4660; and Moore 100. Read more about these renovations in an a recent Daily Bruin article.
After his passing in 1988, CS50 was named the Kenneth N. Trueblood Lecture Hall to honor the popular professor of chemistry who taught thousands of undergraduate students in the lecture hall.
(From left) CS24 prior to the renovation. Kenneth N. Trueblood Lecture Hall (CS50) during renovation.
Workmen plaster the ceiling in the Kenneth E. Trueblood lecture hall.
Outside lecture halls CS76 and CS24 during the renovation.
Photos by Penny Jennings/UCLA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.