|Office Phone||(310) 206-0476|
Detailed biographies have recently been published in Molecular Physics, volume 106 issue #2 (2008) and in the Israel Journal of Chemistry, volume 47, issue #1 (2007). An older biography can be found in the Journal of Physical Chemistry, volume 102, issue #47 (1998).
- Chemistry under extreme conditions
- Chemistry on multi electronic states
- Ab initio reaction dynamics
- Dynamics of high Rydberg states
- Dynamics and spectroscopy in congested level systems
- Reaction dynamics and mechanism in large systems including clusters and in solution
- Algebraic techniques for structure and dynamics in anharmonic systems
- Dynamics in phase space, including the application of information theory
Honors & Awards
- A member of Academia Europaea
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- American Philosophical Society
- International Academy of Quantum Molecular Science
- Israel Academy of Sciences & Humanities
- Max Planck Society
- Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters
- US National Academy of Sciences.
- Alfred P. Sloan Fellow
- The Max Planck Prize for International Cooperation
- The Herbert Newby McCoy Award from UCLA
Dr. Levine has honorary degrees from the Technische Universität München and from Liege University. He has been the Miller Research Professor at UC Berkeley, the A D While Professor at Large at Cornell and the Max Born Professor of Natural Philosophy at the Hebrew University. He has received the Wolf Prize in Chemistry
- Gross Ayelet, Levine Raphael D Surprisal analysis of transcripts expression levels in the presence of noise: a reliable determination of the onset of a tumor phenotype PloS one, 2013; 8(4): e61554.
- Wang Jun, Tham Douglas, Wei Wei, Shin Young Shik, Ma Chao, Ahmad Habib, Shi Qihui, Yu Jenkan, Levine Raphael D, Heath James R Quantitating cell-cell interaction functions with applications to glioblastoma multiforme cancer cells Nano letters, 2012; 12(12): 6101-6.
- Kravchenko-Balasha N, Remacle, F. Gross, A., Rotter, Varda, Levitzki Alexander, Levine, R.D. On a fundamental structure of gene networks in living cells. :, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2012; 109(12): 4702-4707.
- Remacle F, Graeber TG, Levine RD (2011) Whose Entropy: A Maximal Entropy Analysis of Phosphorylation Signaling. , Journal of Statistical Physics , 2011; 144((2)): 429-442.
- Shin Young Shik, Remacle F, Fan Rong, Hwang Kiwook, Wei Wei, Ahmad Habib, Levine R D, Heath James R Protein signaling networks from single cell fluctuations and information theory profiling Biophysical journal, 2011; 100(10): 2378-86.
- Kravchenko-Balasha Nataly, Remacle F, Gross Ayelet, Rotter Varda, Levitzki Alexander, Levine R D Convergence of logic of cellular regulation in different premalignant cells by an information theoretic approach BMC systems biology, 2011; 5(17): 42.
- Muskatel B H, Remacle F, Thiemens Mark H, Levine R D On the strong and selective isotope effect in the UV excitation of N2 with implications toward the nebula and Martian atmosphere Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2011; 108(15): 6020-5.
- F. Remacle, Nataly Kravchenko-Balasha, Alexander Levitzki, and R. D. Levine Information-theoretic analysis of phenotype changes in early stages of carcinogenesis PNAS, 2010; 107(22): 10324-9.
- Graeber TG, Heath JR, Skaggs BJ, Phelps ME, Remacle F, Levine RD Maximal entropy inference of oncogenicity from phosphorylation signaling Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2010; 107(13): 6112-7.
- Periyasamy G., Levine R. D., Remacle F. Redox-Executed Logic Operations through the Reversible Voltammetric Response Characteristics of Electroactive Self-Assembled Monolayers AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY, 2010; 63(2): 173-183 .
- Klein M., Mol J. A., Verduijn J., Levine R. D., et al. Ternary logic implemented on a single dopant atom field effect silicon transistor APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 2010; 96(4): .
- Klein, M. Lansbergen, G. P. Mol, J. A. Rogge, S. Levine, R. D. Remacle, F. Reconfigurable Logic Devices on a Single Dopant Atom-Operation up to a Full Adder by Using Electrical Spectroscopy Chemphyschem, 2009; 10(1): 162-173.
- Kuznetz, O. Salman, H. Eichen, Y. Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Speiser, S. All optical full adder based on intramolecular electronic energy transfer in the rhodamine-azulene bichromophoric system Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2008; 112(40): 15880-15885.
- Torres, E. A. Kompa, K. L. Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Ultrafast vibrational spectroscopy and relaxation in polyatomic molecules: Potential for molecular parallel computing Chemical Physics, 2008; 347(1-3): 531-545.
- Remacle, F. Kienberger, R. Krausz, F. Levine, R. D. On the feasibility of an ultrafast purely electronic reorganization in lithium hydride Chemical Physics, 2007; 338(2-3): 342-347.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Probing ultrafast purely electronic charge migration in small peptides Zeitschrift Fur Physikalische Chemie-International Journal of Research in Physical Chemistry & Chemical Physics, 2007; 221(5): 647-661.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Time-resolved electrochemical spectroscopy of charge migration in molecular wires: Computational evidence for rich electronic dynamics Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2007; 111(5): 2301-2309.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Towards parallel computing: representation of a linear finite state digital logic machine by a molecular relaxation process European Physical Journal D, 2007; 42(1): 49-59.
- Klein, M. Rogge, S. Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Transcending binary logic by gating three coupled quantum dots Nano Letters, 2007; 7(9): 2795-2799.
- Gross, A. Levine, R. D. A mechanical representation of entropy for a large finite system Journal of Chemical Physics, 2006; 125(14): 9.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. An electronic time scale in chemistry Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2006; 103(18): 6793-6798.
- Gross, A. Levine, R. D. Mechanical simulation of the pressure and the relaxation to thermal equilibrium of a hot and dense rare gas cluster Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2006; 110(47): 24070-24076.
- Remacle, F. Weinkauf, R. Levine, R. D. Molecule-based photonically switched half and full adder Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2006; 110(1): 177-184.
- Kornweitz, H. Gross, A. Birnbaum, G. Levine, R. D. Probing electronic rearrangement during chemical reactions PHYSICA SCRIPTA , 2006; 73(1): C1-C5.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. The time scale for electronic reorganization upon sudden ionization of the water and water-methanol hydrogen bonded dimers and of the weakly bound NO dimer Journal of Chemical Physics, 2006; 125(13): 7.
- Remacle, F. Heath, J. R. Levine, R. D. Electrical addressing of confined quantum systems for quasiclassical computation and finite state logic machines Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2005; 102(16): 5653-5658.
- Gross, A. Levine, R. D. Evanescent high pressure during hypersonic cluster-surface impact characterized by the virial theorem Journal of Chemical Physics, 2005; 123(19): 11.
- Somorjai, G. A. Levine, R. D. The changing landscape of physical chemistry at the beginning of the 21st century Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2005; 109(19): 9853-9854.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Electrical transmission of molecular bridges Chemical Physics Letters, 2004; 383(5-6): 537-543.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Electronic and electrical response of arrays of metallic quantum dots International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 2004; 99(5): 743-751.
- Remacle, F. Willner, I. Levine, R. D. Nanowiring by molecules Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2004; 108(47): 18129-18134.
- Remacle, F. Levine, R. D. Quasiclassical computation Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2004; 101(33): 12091-12095.
- Gross, A. Kjellberg, M. Levine, R. D. Systematics of collision-induced light emission from hot matter Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2004; 108(41): 8949-8953.
- Shin Young Shik, Remacle F, Fan Rong, Hwang Kiwook, Wei Wei, Ahmad Habib, Levine R D, Heath James R Protein signaling networks from single cell fluctuations and information theory profiling. Biophysical journal, 2011; 100(10): 2378-86.
- Kravchenko-Balasha Nataly, Remacle F, Gross Ayelet, Rotter Varda, Levitzki Alexander, Levine R D Convergence of logic of cellular regulation in different premalignant cells by an information theoretic approach. BMC systems biology, 2011; 5(17): 42.
- Muskatel B H, Remacle F, Thiemens Mark H, Levine R D On the strong and selective isotope effect in the UV excitation of N2 with implications toward the nebula and Martian atmosphere. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2011; 108(15): 6020-5.
- Elbaz Johann, Lioubashevski Oleg, Wang Fuan, Remacle FranÃ§oise, Levine Raphael D, Willner Itamar DNA computing circuits using libraries of DNAzyme subunits. Nature nanotechnology, 2010; 5(6): 417-22.