|Office||Young Hall 1072|
|Office Phone||(310) 206-2203|
Dr. Henary received a Ph.D. in Inorganic and Organometallic Chemistry from Northeastern University, Boston, MA.
We are interested in the development of new laboratory curriculum and addressing the changing needs of physical science and life science majors in the chemistry field. Our primary focus in that area lies in assessing the curriculum of the first year chemistry lecture and translating some of the curricular material into experiments appropriate for the first year chemistry laboratory course.
Also, we are interested in the area of synthetic inorganic / organometallic chemistry, specifically, in the synthesis and characterization of mixed metal clusters.
- M. Henary Electronic Absorption and Emission Spectroscopy of the First-Row Transition Metal Complexes of S-methylisopropylidene-hydrazinecarbodithioate, to be Submitted for publication.
- M. Henary and A. Russell Kinetic Studies of Food Colors FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Red #3 with Bleach, Journal of Chemical education in progress.
- M. Henary and S. Khan Synthesis and Structure of a New Five-Coordinate Oxo-Bridged Iron (III) Dimer, Journal of Crystallography in progress,
- M. Henary and A. Russell Kinetic Studies of Food Colors FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Red #3 with Bleach, Boston National ACS Meeting , 2001;
- M. Henary and A. Russell To smoke or not to smoke? A general chemistry experiment to determine the nitrogen oxides and particulates in cigarette smoke, National ACS meeting, San Francisco, 2000;
- Ed. M. Henary and A. Russell Chemistry Experiments For Physical Science and Engineering Majors 1999;
- Maher M. Henary and Arlene A. Russell A first-year laboratory practical program for future chemists, biochemists and chemical engineers, 15th International conference on chemical Eduction, Cairo, Egypt, 1998;
- M. Henary, J. I. Wootton, S. I. Khan and J. I. Zink Structure and Assignment of the Luminescence of a New Mixed-Ligand Copper (I) Polymer, Inorg. Chem., 1997; (36): 796.
- M. Henary, W. C. Kaska and J. I. Zink Metallo-Oxo Complex Formation from Photochemical Cleavage of Bis – (Cyclopentadienyl) Molybdenum Carbonate, Inorg. Chem., 1996; (30): 1647.