Did you change address or have a new job? Now you can update your contact and job information with UCLA in one easy step: http://alumni.ucla.edu/chemupdate.
UCLA alumni are eligible to maintain a @ucla.edu e-mail address forward indefinitely to another e-mail account of his or her choosing. E-mail accounts can be switched as often as needed without the need to to send a change of address to contacts: https://www.bol.ucla.edu/cgi-ssl/accounts/setforward
Just in time for UCLA's upcoming 100th anniversary in 2019, the UCLA History book is earning rave reviews across the nation. The “southern branch” that was once described as “the normal school that thought it could be a university,” has grown exponentially to become one of the premier institutions of higher learning in the world.
This just-released book chronicles our school’s journey to become a full-fledged university, unveils little-known stories like UCLA’s secret role in the atomic Manhattan Project and dabbles in lighter histories, too, including a retrospective on mascots through the years. The 360-page volume was culled from 400 binders of research and includes more than 900 stunning photographs, historic and modern.
BruinWorks is the online, interactive network exclusively for UCLA graduates. This dynamic site allows alumni to connect professionally and personally. BruinWorks is a UCLA graduate's most valuable resource.
BruinWorks enables alumni to:
- Search for jobs, résumés and alumni businesses
- Network socially and professionally in one place
- Access the only comprehensive alumni directory available
- Explore an all-inclusive listing of UCLA events worldwide
- Mentor students
- Find reliable content from university resources
Please visit http://www.bruinworks.com and click on "LOG IN" in the top right corner. If you don't have an account, you can click on "SIGN UP". If you do have an account, you can log-in with your e-mail address and password.
Alumni with over seven years of experience in a business profession are invited to join the Bruin Professionals UCLA alumni network. With nine regional chapters in California, Bruin Professionals is the perfect UCLA group for established professionals to network and expand business activities.
Alumni with less than seven years in business and recent graduates are invited to join the Bruin Business Network.
The UCLA Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry has a tradition of excellence and is ranked among the best in the country. Support from our alumni is needed now more than ever to maintain the department’s high quality education and research.
Our highest priorities at this time are:
- Departmental Discretionary Fund - This fund provides support to the areas of greatest need, as determined by the Department Chair in consultation with the faculty. These areas include undergraduate research fellowships, graduate student fellowships, much needed instrumentation for research, modernizing research and teaching laboratories, and providing students with travel stipends to attend and present their findings at conferences.
- Research Seminar Fund - This fund helps support the four divisional seminar series: Biochemistry & Molecular and Structural Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physical Chemistry. These series consist of weekly lectures by world-renowned scientists from around the nation and around the world.
- Graduate Student Recruitment Fund - Outstanding graduate students are at the heart of nearly every aspect of our teaching and research missions. The best way to attract top-notch graduate students is to invite our best applicants to campus giving them first-hand exposure to the cutting edge research and academic excellence that permeate the Department. This is an expensive undertaking, but an extremely important investment in the future of the department.